- » Changing or Adding Devices
- » Syncing and Saving Issues
- » Managing your Subscription (iOS)
- » Managing your Subscription (Kindle Fire)
Changing or Adding Devices
If you have recently changed your device, or if you own multiple devices, you can easily access an app you're already subscribed to.
- Search for the magazine title in the App Store and install it.
- Flick through the free sample pages until you see the message 'These pages are only available to paid subscribers':
- When you try to select one of these, you will reach this page, where you should press the 'Restore Existing' button:
- Just enter the password for your Apple ID, and you'll be able to access the full app!
N.B. Make sure you are using the same iTunes account that you originally used to subscribe to the app.back to top ↑
Syncing & Saving Issues
Syncing issues of your magazine is a useful tool, which allows you to:
- Save issues of your magazine to your device.
- Reduce the loading time of each page.
- Read issues of your magazine when your device is offline.
How to sync an issue:
- Select the issue you wish to sync to your device from the 'Issues' tab at the top left of your screen.
- Press the star button next to the 'Issues' tab.
- The sync will be confirmed by a message reading 'Issue will sync for offline use.'
To unsync an issue, simply select it and press the star again. You will then see a message reading 'Issue will not sync for offline use.'
Managing your Subscription (iOS)
In order to renew or cancel the recurring nature of your subscription through iTunes:
- Select 'App Store' from the homepage of your device.
- Tap 'Featured' at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap the 'Apple ID' button.
- Once you've entered your Apple ID password, select 'Manage Subscriptions'.
- You'll then see an option to slide the auto-renew for each of your subscriptions to 'On' or 'Off'.
See also Apple's own advice on managing the auto-renew.
Managing your Subscription (Kindle Fire)
In order to renew or cancel your app subscription on the Kindle Fire:
- Select 'Apps' from the home screen of your device.
- Press 'Store' in the top right of your screen.
- Tap the 'Menu' icon, in the middle of the toolbar.
- Choose the 'My Subscriptions' option.
- Choose the subscription you wish to modify, and a message will appear giving the option to manage your chosen subscription.
See the Amazon website for more advice on managing subscriptions.back to top ↑