- Tutankhamun's Solid Gold Coffin
- Newly-opened Tombs
- Sun(set) Queens
- Turtle Demons
, written by experts in the field of Egyptology, is a lively informative global magazine appealing to Egyptology professionals and anyone with an interest in this fascinating early civilisation.
Published bimonthly, this glossy well-presented magazine brings readers up to date with the latest news, discoveries, excavations and research into the history of Egypt from Predynastic times through to the modern era.
There are in-depth articles on the building of the pyramids, the lives of the great Pharaohs, brewing and agriculture, health and disease, gods and goddesses, tombs and temples and ancient Egyptian art and culture. Find out about great Egyptologists and explorers, and ancient priests and peasants; discover more about Egyptian technology and the latest DNA and scanning techniques. How did Tutankhamun die? How did hieroglyphic writing work? What did ancient Egyptians eat for breakfast?
All this plus guides to museum collections, reviews of the latest books and interactive media and event listings for all UK Egyptology Societies and major worldwide conferences and exhibitions.
Love ancient Egypt?
Then Ancient Egypt
is the must-have magazine for you!
Highlights from Issue 84 include:
· News from Amarna
- Professor Barry Kemp reports on his team’s work at the Great Aten Temple.
· Harold Jones, Artist and Egyptologist
- the tragic story of this talented “Welshman in Egypt”.
· Colin Reader explains why he believes that the Great Sphinx at Giza
was first carved as a lion in the Early Dynastic Period.
· Egyptomania for Ladies
- Anne Midgley shares pictures of some of her favourite Egypt-inspired household items.
· For Younger Readers
– ducks in ancient Egypt: food, offerings and artwork
· Joyce Tyldesley completes her series on ancient Egypt’s gods and goddesses with the Warrior goddess Neith
· Climbing pyramids
– Scouting founder Baden-Powell’s fascination with ancient Egypt
If you have an iPad or iPhone you can read the latest issue as well as the extensive archive via the Ancient Egypt app.
Find this by searching the App Store for Ancient Egypt or by clicking here.
Android owners can also read the magazine with the Exactly app. Click here to download or search for Exactly on the Google Play Store.
For full access, just log in with your Exact Editions username and password when prompted by the app.