Click here to try it for free
All subscribers will gain access to an archive of 89 issues:
Available to read:
Available to read:
• Andrew Rolph continues his WWII Ostfront series with Down by the sea, with a scratch force suddenly assailed from land, sea and air!
• Paul Robinson describes in The perfect period how the Grimsby Wargames Society staged a huge Wars of the Spanish Succession extravaganza at Partizan with thousands of miniatures.
• In Express Delivery, Chris Birch provides us with an exclusive and exciting WWII scenario for the recently launched Airfix Battles. Can you get the supplies through to the front line?
• New contributor Nick Hughes gives us Demonstrate THIS, asking whether demo games are really needed at shows and, if so, how can they be invigorated?
• In Grenouisse at bay part 1, The Editor describes the build-up to a weekend of early May Bank Holiday mega-games in the sleepy village of Ayton in Yorkshire, where gamers came from far and wide to pitch their imaginary armies against fearsome fictitious foes.
• And finally we have show reports from Partizan 2016 by Mike Whitaker and RAGE 2016 held at the Royal Armouries in Leeds by Neil Shuck.
And our regular spots:
• The Editor with his Briefing and World Wide Wargaming overview of wargamers on the Web.
• Mike Hobbs with Forward Observer.
• Diane Sutherland and her Wargames Widow terrain making column.
• John Treadaway with Fantasy Facts.
• Brad Harmer and his Hex Encounter column for boardgamers.
• Conrad Kinch and the delightfully quirky Send three and fourpence.
• Our Battlegames Combat Stress Appeal.
• Recce with reviews.
And a competition with prizes to be won!
Published continuously since 1983, MINIATURE WARGAMES has now merged with BATTLEGAMES and received a radical facelift to prepare it for the next 30 years! Miniature Wargames with Battlegames deals with all forms of miniatures wargaming, including historical, fantasy, sci-fi, pulp, steampunk and roleplaying. It also gives some coverage to board wargames and video/internet gaming. In addition, the magazine covers all the latest news and reviews the latest products and services.
Tabletop wargaming is a diverse and dynamic hobby that is constantly throwing up new challenges to gamers. Miniature Wargames with Battlegames is always at the hobbyist’s side with ideas and advice, including in-depth analysis of rulesets, ideas for scenarios suitable for all periods and genres, how-to articles on making scenery and painting miniatures, background articles on how to tackle gaming periods of history – or the future – and plenty of thoughts about why we do what we do and how we do it!
Our free trial issue provides ideas and tips for wargaming a variety of scenarios: from recreating the historical set-piece battles of the Hundred Years War to wargaming bitter skirmishes from the Jacobite rebellions of the 18th Century and the Barbarossa campaign of the Second World War.
Other exciting articles – including a focus on the Fantasy miniatures of Mantic Games, the regular ‘Dark Horizons’ Sci-fi & fantasy wargaming column, and reviews of the latest World War II books – provide ample inspiration for hobbyists of all interests.
If you have an iPad or iPhone you can read the latest issue as well as the extensive archive via the Miniature Wargames app.
Android owners can also read the magazine with the Exactly app. Click here to download or search for Exactly on the Google Play Store.
For full access, just log in with your Exact Editions username and password when prompted by the app.
All subscribers will gain access to all 89 issues:
Copyright © 2016 Exact Editions Ltd.