Click here to try it for free
All subscribers will gain access to an archive of 80 issues:
Available to read:
Available to read:
As summer slips into autumn, a young man’s thoughts turn to raising the next regiment and refining the brushwork on his battalions, so here’s what we’ve got in this issue to keep you company as you plan your next victory!.
In this issue, we have:
• Warwick Kinrade gives us a rules writer’s insights in Soldiers of God, explaining his latest set of medieval wargames rules to hit the market and his reasons for writing them.
• Norm Smith returns with Containment, imagining a time when the aliens have landed and humanity needs to kick butt! With three scenarios and a complete set of rules, sci-fi fans will enjoy this all-in-one package from a wargames veteran.
• Our friendly Newark Irregular Steve Jones takes a break from beating back the nettles in the garden to bring us one of his marvellous multi-period scenarios in Threemen’s Farm. So, whether you’re a fan of ancients, horse and musket or WWII, it’s time to get those toys on the table!
• Charlie M Grant is with us again, encouraging you to Pick your battles – create a campaign without campaigning. He describes how you can enhance your wargames by creting a series of linked battles, but without the hassle of a full-blown campaign. No paperwork, just fun!
• This months issue is packed with terrain tips, and here Tony Harwood creates The Mausoleum, a magnificent centrepiece for your fantasy gaming, inspired by Frostgrave from Osprey, but of course it could be used for any period or genre.
• Andy Copestake wins ‘Best Title of the Year’ for When I see sausages… Despite appearances to the contrary, he’s not taken a turn for the wurst – no, his mind is as keen as mustard and his senses hot, doggedly presenting wieners on a plate from the greatest military movies and TV shows to hit the screen.
Published continuously since 1983, MINIATURE WARGAMES has now merged with BATTLEGAMES and received a radical facelift to prepare it for the next 30 years! Miniature Wargames with Battlegames deals with all forms of miniatures wargaming, including historical, fantasy, sci-fi, pulp, steampunk and roleplaying. It also gives some coverage to board wargames and video/internet gaming. In addition, the magazine covers all the latest news and reviews the latest products and services.
Tabletop wargaming is a diverse and dynamic hobby that is constantly throwing up new challenges to gamers. Miniature Wargames with Battlegames is always at the hobbyist’s side with ideas and advice, including in-depth analysis of rulesets, ideas for scenarios suitable for all periods and genres, how-to articles on making scenery and painting miniatures, background articles on how to tackle gaming periods of history – or the future – and plenty of thoughts about why we do what we do and how we do it!
Our free trial issue provides ideas and tips for wargaming a variety of scenarios: from recreating the historical set-piece battles of the Hundred Years War to wargaming bitter skirmishes from the Jacobite rebellions of the 18th Century and the Barbarossa campaign of the Second World War.
Other exciting articles – including a focus on the Fantasy miniatures of Mantic Games, the regular ‘Dark Horizons’ Sci-fi & fantasy wargaming column, and reviews of the latest World War II books – provide ample inspiration for hobbyists of all interests.
If you would like digital access while you’re on the move, why not download our app for the iPhone and iPad?
Kindle Fire owners can download Miniature Wargames by searching the Amazon App Store for "Miniature Wargames magazine".
Digital subscribers can also read the magazine in the 'Exactly' Android app. Click here to download.
All subscribers will gain access to all 80 issues:
Copyright © 2015 Exact Editions Ltd.