9. Editorial Chipps sings the praises of wearing stuff out, rather than breaking it.
10. Trail Swap, Part 2 Faye Stewart travels from Bristol to Yorkshire in the second part of our trailswap feature. How will she fare in the north?
20. Riding the GR5 James Astbury and his dad rode the 450mile GR5 trail from Geneva to Nice this summer. Not bad for someone who’s not done his GCSEs yet. . .
26. Bike Porn: Klein ‘Cross Bike Caroline Alexander’s mid-‘90s Klein cyclocross bike. Klein never even made ‘cross bikes, so this is quite special. Or a bit of a bodge. You decide.
28. Interview: Scot Nicol He’s the owner of Ibis, learned to framebuild from Joe Breeze and Charlie Cunningham, yet you’ve probably never heard of him.
35. Long Termers A year ago, we showed you the bikes we’d be riding in 2007. Here we show you how we got on with them.
44. Through The Grinder Nine pages of products gently sanded down by Yorkshire gritstone.
55. Column: Roly Lambert Roly flies off jumps and through the air in his imagination, but when faced with real mounds of earth, it’s a slightly different story.
56. Editors’ Choice What products have really excited us in the past 12 months? These are the bikes, products and places that get our vote.
64. Column: Philly D. Some ride to the trails, some drive, but Philip Diprose is one of a third group. The Railway Children, who get the train to the trails.
66. Singletrack Reader Awards. The only bike industry awards with 100% of the votes by the public. You nominated your products, bikes, events and people of the year. Now vote for your favourites.
69. Column: Julian Birch Julian takes a detour from one of his regular routes and ends up in a new wonderland.
70. Gallery Six pages of great shots to keep you going until the days start getting longer.
77. Competition We have £1200 worth of Mavic wheels to give away! Two pairs, one to suit the XC racers and one to suit the all-mountain stompers.
78. Column: Alex Leigh Home isn’t always where the heart is. It can be where the favourite riding is. In Alex’ case, this can only ever mean the Peak District.
80. Propaganda The Singletrack product elves have been busy getting in lots of goodies that you’re going to want to get someone to treat you to.
82. Members’ Club There are many reasons to subscribe to Singletrack. You not only get our eternal gratitude, but you also get lots of cool discounts.
84. Sauze D’Oulx ‘Sauzay Doolx’ has a network of XC and mountain trails to rival anywhere, yet not many riders have heard of it. Get there before everyone else discovers it.
94. Blame the Dog Mike Ferrentino’s regular column looks at the wonders of the forum user group mentality. What would a bike designed by a bike forum look like?
98. Subscribe to Singletrack Yes, you can. It’s easy and everyone will love you for it.
100. Singletrack Fitness – Survive Christmas! Matt Hart from Torq is here to help you limit the damage you’re inevitably going to do to yourself over this Christmas period.
106. Route Guide: Masham and Nidderdale Ben explores the bit between the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors that has all the good riding and gets little of the exposure.
114. Column: Steven Menmuir Ever been stuck in a physical or mental rut? With mountain biking it’s possible to be both. Steven tries to get himself out of one.
116. The Abha Trophy, Six Days in the Desert Chipps takes on the unknown quantity of a six day stage race in Saudi Arabia. And he does so without the aid of a suitcase.
130. Riding British Columbia Dan Barham documented our 2007 reader holiday to Whistler, Pemberton and other choice bits of British Columbia. Jealous? Us?
143. Outro Some crazy pictures and some thoughts on those bits of bikes you’ve lost over the years.