Contents 4| 7. Editorial Chipps looks forward to the grey gloom of the winter with rare enthusiasm.
8. We Heart Slovenia. There are many reasons we love Slovenia, but miles of empty trails is one of the biggest ones.
19. Photo Special – Scenes Art Director Sim introduces our Photo Special section. This year it’s a study on riding ‘scenes’ from around the world.
20. Scene One - Brighton Jenn Hopkins looks at the vibrant Brighton riding community.
26. Scene Two – The Monday Nighters Steve Makin shot the riders who ride around Delamere purely to justify the cakes at the end.
30. Riding with the Doctor Chipps rides an epic Kinlochleven back-country loop in the Highlands with the ‘Doctor’.
37. Bike Test: American Bikes Four bikes from the U.S.A. tested, from Ellsworth, Intense, Niner and Specialized
48. Scene Three – Vancouver Nights Dan Barham follows a group of Canadian night riders as they ride scary, high up trails. At night…
54. Column: Faye Stewart Faye provides endless fuel for domestic arguments by declaring she couldn’t survive without at least five bikes.
56. Scent Four – Mostly Chamonix Chamonix-based Dan Milner reckons that most of the best riding is in his home town. Not all of it though… just most.
62. Through the Grinder Some real-world, honest reviews of battle-scarred products after a hard season of testing. It’s a wonder we have anything left.
72. Scene Five – World Tour Simon Cittati shoots great pictures, but he also manages team Playbiker/Iron Horse and reports from a year on the circuit.
80. Blame The Dog – Mike Ferrentino After years of grumpy ‘What if?’ thinking, our American correspondent manages to join the ‘glass half full’ club.
82. Fitness – All about pasta Matt Hart tells all (and we mean all…) about the everyday cyclist’s favourite food.
86. Column: Hetty Joplin A look at how a regular ride can (and perhaps must) evolve over time, whether you like it or not.
89. Grouptest: Helmet Cameras Haven’t you heard? Unless you can Youtube your rides, they don’t count. Benji looks at the latest in on-bike and on-helmet videography.
94. Brooks Saddles A photo-heavy glimpse into the traditional world of the classic, British-made, Brooks saddle.
100. Column: Alex Leigh Alex gets close to slipping into middle age without his mountain bike to keep him young (or at least foolish).
102. The Carry Matt points out that carrying your bike (and getting lost, cold and injured) is a valuable part of mountain biking that many riders now miss out on.
106. Competition – Win a Wilma-7 LED light! Win a £500 Lupine light. For free! With no catches!
108. Long Term Test Bikes A look at the long term loaners in the sheds and cellars of the Singletrack crew.
112. Column: Philip Diprose Philip Diprose marvels at a Stag Weekend spent mountain biking.
116. Route Guide: The Isle of Man Benji steams over to the Isle of Man to find an island full of trails.
127. Outro – Jersey Winners We had so many ‘Design a jersey’ entries that we had to dedicate a page to some of the more colourful entries.