Contents 6| CONTENTS
9. Editorial Chipps explains that good riders are so good because they KNOW they’re good.
10. UK Feature: Spring is the new summer Benji sings praises for spring, while sending the other seasons to the naughty corner.
20. Mach Daddy A look at how you can get your entire town behind the idea of mountain biking.
28. Headspace with Claire McGreevy What’s stopping you from riding that drop? Claire is here to show your subconscious the way to nail it.
32. Interview: Singular Sam Geoff Waugh catches up with the charismatic Aussie who’s helping the UK to love 29ers.
35. Subscribe to Singletrack You get it cheaper, earlier and get digital benefits too.
42. Blame the Dog – Mike Ferrentino A controversial look at wide bars, short stems and slack angles.
44. Column: Geoff Johnson Don’t faff with the hydration pack and riding gear. Just grab your bike and ride.
46. Bike Test Feature: Winch and Plummet Giant, Rocky Mountain and Trek all show bikes that make the descents worth the climb.
62. UK Feature: In Search Of The Spirit Of Millican Dalton Dave Anderson searches for the spirit and Lakeland home of the original free camper.
76. Singletrack Weekender and Sleepless in the Saddle Two events that you shouldn’t miss this summer.
78. Through the Grinder Ten pages of real world product testing on mostly dry trails.
94. Column: Matt Letch Read this column. But not when you should be riding bikes.
96. Competition – win the UK in guidebooks! Win every UK mountain bike guide book from the Ernest Press.
98. Gallery – Gary Perkin’s Cape Epic. The long, dusty, South African stage race as seen by local photographer, Gary Perkin.
110. Propaganda: Buy Singletrack Stuff! Mugs, top, shirts, socks.We’ve got you covered.
112. Grouptest: GPS Units Whether for training or exploring, the latest GPS units are small, last for ages and let you navigate.
120. Fitness with Matt Hart Find out how successful Matt and Chipps’ training for the 12 hour solo championships went.
126. Route Guide: Princes Risborough Benji heads down to the leafy green trails of Buckinghamshire.
142. Outro Another odd photo from Chipps’ archives.