Get a Workstation That Works for You: eSignal
As an active trader, you need a workstation that works with you and for you as your trading needs change and grow. eSignal is that workstation, matching your reaction to a changing market with fast, reliable global market data and charting tools. If you’re just starting out, you’ll find setting up eSignal an intuitive process that can have you trading in the markets in no time. Our users have told us time and again that eSignal pays for itself with one or two trades.
The eSignal suite of products has consistently been voted best by users worldwide
You’ll make more, because you’ll know more.
If you’ve been trading for a while, you’ll appreciate eSignal’s awardwinning trading systems with unparalleled advanced technical analysis and decision support tools. Plus, we offer new user orientation, product support and training, as well as access to peer forums, market education, and more. This training allows traders of all skill levels to get the most out of our products and services.
Here’s just some of what eSignal offers you: The speed and reliability of global, real-time data Powerful analysis tools and award-winning trading systems The best value in market data with pricing packages that suit every level of trader A special, limited-time offer:
Get your 2nd month of eSignal service for free
Want more information on how eSignal can grow with your trading needs? Go to www.eSignal.com/BuilditYTK to find out how to build the ideal workstation for your trading style and see eSignal in action.
Call today for information on a 30-day, risk-free trial, plus get your 2nd month of service for FREE!* Limited-time offer.
+44 (0)20 7825 7923 www.eSignal.com/BuilditYTK
eSignal, an Interactive Data company. *Sign up for your 30-day, risk-free trial, and if you’re not completely satisfied during the trial, cancel the service, and we will refund your subscription fees. Exchange fees are non-refundable (typically US$10). 2nd month free is a limited-time offer. Both offers are only available for new customers. eSignal is a service of Interactive Data Desktop Solutions (Europe) Ltd., a company regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority. eSignal is a service of Interactive Data (Australia) Pty Ltd provided under AFS Licence No. 234689. x14515 Contents
MAY/JUN 2012 VOLUME 2 , NO.3
COVER STORY 44. Examining Volume Analysis l s Steven Mayne and Nicholas Tidswell, on how traders can benefit from volume analysis to create a clearer picture of the technical setups on the market.
FEATURES 34. Opportunities in Uranium l s Ben Mountifield analyses uranium prices and suggests how traders can capitalize on expected improvement.
48. Swing Charts n l s David Burton explores the trading methodology of WD Gann.
REVIEWS 68. Book Reviews n l s YTE provides a roundup of the latest book titles to hit the shelves.
70. Software Review n l s Three traders at different levels of experience test TC2000 version 12.1.
INTERVIEWS 28. Richard Weissman n l s YTE'S Ben Power speaks with Richard Weissman about his casino paradigm, a psychologically easy way to rise positions and the importance of keeping a trading journal.
40. Larry Williams n l s Kel Butcher speaks with Larry Williams about what he has learnt from 50 years in the markets.
62. Trader’s Story n l s Get to know your fellow traders: YTE speaks with Alan Liao.
COLUMNS 10. Market Snapshot n l s Sandy Jadeja explores upcoming trading opportunities.
12. The 8 Habits of Highly Effective Traders l s Louise Bedford details the habits traders must develop for success. 14. Options Corner l Our resident options experts, James Cordier and Michael Gross, answer readers’ questions.
16. Currency Corner l Bradley Gilbert provides analysis of the current market: It’s crunch time for Europe.
20. Spread Betting Corner l Angus Campbell provides strategies traders can use to avoid common mistakes.
22. Commodities Corner l Market expert Aaron Lynch explores commodities markets.
26. Trading Tax q&a l s Resident tax expert Lee Hadnum answers readers’ most pressing trading tax questions.
52. Dont fight the tape! s Dawn Bolton-Smith on current market conditions and trading education. 54. Chart Watch n l s Hemal Pandya provides analysis of the GBP/USD and EUR/USD: Navigating the FX markets with trend continuation strategies. 74. The Rub n l s Clem Chambers: Investing hell but trading heaven.
REGULARS 08. Market News n The latest news, announcements, services and trading tools to hit the market.
58. Current & New Charts n l s
66. Trading Life n l s Steven Mayne shares his trading life.
72. Marketplace/Seminars n l s n NEWCOMERS l INTERMEDIATE s EXPERIENCED