DMA on the go? Only our app can do that. Deal straight into the order book on over 7000 shares with the UK’s No.1 CFD provider.* CFD trading may result in losses that exceed your initial deposit. Simply search for IG Markets in the App Store.
*Investment Trends 2010 UK Spread Betting/CFD Report. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPod touch, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Contents
JUL/AUG 2011 VOLUME 1 , NO.4
COVER STORY 34. Futures vs CFDs n l s Which provides the best opportunities for day traders? Kel Butcher explores.
FEATURES 40. Spread Betting s David Jones, on how traders can harness the power of leverage.
44. Position Sizing n l The professional’s way to increased profits, Steve Griffiths provides an insight.
56. Uranium: Where to next? s The matriarch of technical analysis, Dawn Bolton-Smith, drills down into the history of this volatile market.
REVIEWS 68. Book Reviews n l s YTE provides a roundup of the latest book titles to hit the shelves.
70. Software Review n l s Three traders at different levels of experience test TradeStation.
INTERVIEWS 30. Mark Minervini n l s Meet one of Wall Street’s most remarkable success stories – YTE’s Ben Power speaks with market wizard, Mark Minervini.
62. Trader’s Story n l s Get to know your fellow traders: YTE UK speaks with fundamental trader Richard Crow.
COLUMNS 10. Market Snapshot n l s Sandy Jadeja explores upcoming trading opportunities.
12. A Kick Where You Need it the Most n l s Louise Bedford gets your moving in the right direction.
14. Options Corner l Our resident options experts, James Cordier and Michael Gross, answer readers’ questions.
18. Currency Corner l s Michael Boutros and David Rodríguez provide analysis of the currency market: US Dollar likely to set important bottom.
22. Spread Betting Corner l Why consider using spread betting to trade the financial markets? Angus Campbell explores the opportunities for traders.
24. Commodities Corner l Market expert Ben Mountifield explores commodities markets: Silver’s wild ride – volatility presents opportunity.
28. Trading Tax q&a l s Resident tax expert Lee Hadnum answers readers’ most pressing trading tax questions.
48. Letters to Toni l
50. Predictions s Don’t always run to profits, says Dawn Bolton-Smith.
74. The Rub n l s Clem Chambers: A golden era of volatility for traders.
REGULARS 08. Market News n The latest news, announcements, services and trading tools to hit the market.
52. Current & New Charts n l s
54. Chart Watch n l s
66. Trading Life n l s FX trader Hemal Pandya shares his trading life. 72. Marketplace/Seminars n l s
n NEWCOMERS l INTERMEDIATE s EXPERIENCED