The trading tools to prove just what a genius you really are.
(Introducing Strategy Builder and the new charting service with alerts.)
Sometimes looking backwards is the best way of going forward. Strategy Builder gives you all-round perspective in trade modelling.
Simply input your trade theory and find out instantaneously if you’re onto a winner, or a weak lead with no return. Genius.
Find out more at capitalspreads.com
Spread betting and CFD trading carry a high level of risk to your capital and you can lose more than your initial deposit. These trading products may not be suitable for all investors so seek independent advice.
Capital Spreads is a trading name of London Capital Group, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and a member of the London Stock Exchange. Registered Address: 2nd floor, 6 Devonshire Square, London, EC2M 4AB. Registered Number: 3218125. Contents
SEP/OCT 2011 VOLUME 1 , NO.5
COVER STORY 18. Currency Corner l s Christopher Vecchio and David Rodríguez provide analysis of the currency market: British pound stands to lose further on threat of contagion.
FEATURES 40. 7 Steps to a Spread Betting Strategy s Harry Booth shares a plan for spread betting success.
44. Knowledge is power n l Anthony Cheung looks at why the news is more important than ever when trading the financial markets.
52. The Great Pyramid s David Burton explores the trading methodology of WD Gann: pyramid codes.
REVIEWS 68. Book Reviews n l s YTE provides a roundup of the latest book titles to hit the shelves.
70. Software Review n l s Three traders at different levels of experience test Evolve.
INTERVIEWS 32. John Bollinger n l s YTE’s Ben Power speaks to the developer of one of the most widely used technical indicators – John Bollinger – about Bollinger Bands and his incredible trading career.
46. From full-time work to full-time trading l s YTE’s Ben Power meets Robbie Burns, aka ‘The Naked Trader’, and asks how traders can make the move.
22. Spread Betting Corner l Angus Campbell explores the opportunities for traders.
26. Commodities Corner l Market expert Ben Mountifield explores commodities markets: the coming age of thorium.
30. Trading Tax q&a l s Resident tax expert Lee Hadnum answers readers’ most pressing trading tax questions.
56. In need of good news! s Dawn Bolton-Smith on a volatile market.
74. The Rub n l s Clem Chambers: A perfect market, not a perfect world.
REGULARS 08. Market News n The latest news, announcements, services and trading tools to hit the market.
58. Current & New Charts n l s
60. Chart Watch n l s
66. Trading Life n l s Meet UK trader and technical analyst Sandy Jadeja.
72. Marketplace/Seminars n l s
62. Trader’s Story n l s YTE UK speaks with forex, Dow futures, and S&P 500 futures trader Simon Clarke.
COLUMNS 10. Market Snapshot n l s Sandy Jadeja explores upcoming trading opportunities.
12. It’s time for a pep talk... n l s Louise Bedford on how to develop the lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of.
14. Options Corner l Our resident options experts, James Cordier and Michael Gross, answer readers’ questions.
n NEWCOMERS l INTERMEDIATE s EXPERIENCED