iPhone and iPad Apps
Frequently Asked Questions.
- Buying a Digital Subscription
- Forgotten Password
- Gift Subscriptions
- Availability of Back Issues
- Access to Issues After Cancellation
- Adding Additional Titles
- New Issue Notifications
- Is Free Digital Access Included?
- Enabling Digital Access
- Accessing the App with your Shared Access Code
- Changing or Adding Devices
- Syncing and Saving Issues
- Managing your Subscription (iOS)
- Managing your Subscription (Kindle Fire)
In-App Features (iOS)
Buying a Digital Subscription
You can choose a digital subscription from our wide range of titles on the Exact Editions homepage.
Simply click on the cover of the title you'd like to view, and you will see all the available subscription options with pricing.
In most territories, you don't have to have a PayPal account to buy a digital subscription.
When you arrive at the PayPal page, just choose the 'Use your credit card' link and follow the steps.
In some territories, however, it is necessary to create an account with PayPal in order to use the site.
To check whether this applies to your territory, please follow this link.
If you can't remember you're password, or it's not being recognised:
- Follow this link to retrieve it.
- Enter the email address you used to register with Exact Editions.
- You will receive an email with a link allowing you to create a new password.
To send a subscription as a gift:
- Click the 'Subscribe' link on the page of your selected magazine.
- Select 'Buy as a gift' from the list.
- Once you've entered your details, just press 'Proceed to checkout'.
Gift subscriptions can be ordered up to 60 days in advance.
You can also include a personalised message to the recipient of your gift.
When the gift is due, the recipient will recieve an email with a link to their new subscription.back to top ↑
Availability of Back Issues
Web and app subscribers have access to all available back issues from our archives, for the duration of the subscription.
The range of back issues varies from title to title - for example, Gramophone's archive extends all the way back to 1923!
You can see how far your title(s) back issues go on the description page before you buy.back to top ↑
Access to Issues After Cancellation
Subscriptions with Exact Editions work more like Netflix or Spotify than print magazine subscriptions.
We offer unlimited access to our full range of issues for the limited period of the subscription, rather than permanent access to specific issues.
This means that subscribers can access the full archive of back issues, as well as any that come out during your subscription, but it won't be possible to download or sync any issues once the subscription's expired.
Adding Additional TitlesTo add new titles to your collection:
- Make sure you are logged out.
- Click on the cover of the magazine you wish to subscribe to from the homepage.
- Choose a subscription option -'One Year' or '3 month recurring'- or simply press 'Add to Basket'.
- Select 'Proceed to checkout' from the next page.
- If you're an existing subscriber, select the option for 'I already have an account' and enter your login details.
- Then press 'Proceed' to go through to PayPal.
New Issue Notifications
As soon as a new issue is published, Exact Editions send you an email to let you know.
If you prefer not to receive these notification emails, you can turn them off by going to 'preferences' and then unticking 'Tell me when new issues arrive'.
Print subscribers can also choose whether to recive notification emails when they first register for digital access. You can do this by ticking or leaving unticked the 'Send new issue' alert box.
Occasionally an email client will recognise a new issue notification as 'Spam'. If you haven't received a notification please check your 'Spam' or 'Junk Mail' folders.back to top ↑
Payment by Cheque/over the Phone
We aren't able to accept payment by cheque or over the phone; we can only accept payments through PayPal.
A recurring subscription renews itself at the end of each subscription term.
For example, if you buy a 3 month recurring subscription, we'll automatically renew it at the end of each 3 month term.
If you'd like to cancel a recurring subscription:
- Log in to your Exact Editions account, and click on the 'preferences' tab at the top of the screen:
- Click on the 'Your subscriptions' option near the bottom of the page:
- Click on 'Do not renew' next to the relevant subscription.
N.B. Please allow 4 days notice before the proposed renewal date for your subscription to be cancelled in time.back to top ↑
Is Free Digital Access Included?
If you have a print subscription to one of the following titles, you will be able to register for free digital access to your magazine through both the Exact Editions website and the app on iTunes/Android/Kindle Fire.
Unfortunately, if your magazine isn't on this list, your magazine doesn't offer free digital access to print subscribers.back to top ↑
Enabling Digital Access
- Please select the title you wish to enable your digital access for, and complete the registration form:
The carrier sheet is where your name, address and other details can be found.
If you aren't able to find the relevant subscription number to register, you will need to contact the publisher of your magazine directly.
If you receive an error message saying that 'Your print subscription details were not recognised', you will need to check your details with the relevant publisher. The registration page will provide you with the correct email address for your magazine.
back to top ↑
Accessing the App with your Shared Access Code
Most magazines with Exact Editions have their own app on iTunes, and many of them have an app for the Kindle Fire, too.
You can download the app onto your iPad/iPhone or Kindle Fire through Apple's Newsstand or the Amazon App Store.
To access the full range of issues on the app, you will need a Shared Access Code.
How to find your Shared Access Code:
- Log in to your Exact Editions account, and click 'preferences' in the top right hand corner:
- You will see your Shared Access Code below the heading 'Apps', just above the app's icon:
- Search in the the relevant App Store for your device, and install the app.
- Open up the app and scroll through the free preview pages of the available issue, until you see 'These pages are only available to paid subscribers' along the bottom.
- Enter your Shared Access Code in this box:
- Once it's entered, make sure you press the 'Done' button on the keypad below!
- You can now read your magazine through the app!
Changing or Adding Devices
If you have recently changed your device, or if you own multiple devices, you can easily access an app you're already subscribed to.
- Search for the magazine title in the App Store and install it.
- Flick through the free sample pages until you see the message 'These pages are only available to paid subscribers':
- When you try to select one of these, you will reach this page, where you should press the 'Restore Existing' button:
- Just enter the password for your Apple ID, and you'll be able to access the full app!
N.B. Make sure you are using the same iTunes account that you originally used to subscribe to the app.back to top ↑
Syncing & Saving Issues
Syncing issues of your magazine is a useful tool, which allows you to:
- Save issues of your magazine to your device.
- Reduce the loading time of each page.
- Read issues of your magazine when your device is offline.
How to sync an issue:
- Select the issue you wish to sync to your device from the 'Issues' tab at the top left of your screen.
- Press the star button next to the 'Issues' tab.
- The sync will be confirmed by a message reading 'Issue will sync for offline use.'
To unsync an issue, simply select it and press the star again. You will then see a message reading 'Issue will not sync for offline use.'
Managing your Subscription (iOS)
In order to renew or cancel the recurring nature of your subscription through iTunes:
- Select 'App Store' from the homepage of your device.
- Tap 'Featured' at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap the 'Apple ID' button.
- Once you've entered your Apple ID password, select 'Manage Subscriptions'.
- You'll then see an option to slide the auto-renew for each of your subscriptions to 'On' or 'Off'.
See also Apple's own advice on managing the auto-renew.
Managing your Subscription (Kindle Fire)
In order to renew or cancel your app subscription on the Kindle Fire:
- Select 'Apps' from the home screen of your device.
- Press 'Store' in the top right of your screen.
- Tap the 'Menu' icon, in the middle of the toolbar.
- Choose the 'My Subscriptions' option.
- Choose the subscription you wish to modify, and a message will appear giving the option to manage your chosen subscription.
See the Amazon website for more advice on managing subscriptions.back to top ↑
In-App Features (iOS)
To bookmark a page of your magazine within an app:
- Navigate to the page you'd like to bookmark.
- Tap on the 'Share' icon at the top of the page and select 'Bookmark' from the drop-down menu.
- You will then have the option to name your Bookmark, or file it in a folder.
- Once saved, you'll be able to navigate straight back to that page from the 'Bookmark' icon.
Social Media Sharing
To share an interesting page via email, message, Twitter or Facebook, simply:
- Tap the 'Share' icon at the top left of the page.
- Enter your message in the box which appears and press 'Send'.
Make sure you are logged into the Twitter/Facebook account you'd like to use by selecting 'Settings' from the home screen, and checking your account details are correct.
To search within a single issue of the magazine, use the search box at the top right of your screen.
To search the entire archive of back issues, press on the 'Issues' tab at the top left of the screen, and use the search box at the top right of the drop-down box which appears.
To find an issue from the archive, simply select a century, then a decade, then a year, then a month's issue.
For example, if you select '1900s' and then '1930s', you can choose which year the issue you're looking for came out in:back to top ↑
Updating Email Address
If you'd like to change the email address you have registered with Exact Editions:
- Log into Exact Editions, and click on the 'preferences' tab at the top right of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'Update your email address'.
- Enter your new email address and press 'Update'.
- An email confirming your change of email address will be sent to both your old and new email addresses.
Changing Bank Details
If you bought your Exact Editions subscription directly through the app on iTunes (via iPad/iPhone), you can change your billing information through your iTunes account.
Further information is available here.
If you bought your subscription through the Exact Editions website using PayPal, you can change your billing information by:
- Logging in to PayPal.
- Clicking on the 'My Account' tab.
- Selecting 'My Money' from the drop-down menu under 'Profile' and changing your card details.
Further information is available here.back to top ↑
Have a look in our institutional shop to see all the titles we offer.We also have a French shop which includes Le Monde diplomatique, and an Australian shop with the New Internationalist, Art Monthly and Green magazines.
If you'd like to buy a subscription for your institution, just send an email request over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.B. The prices listed are for site-wide access for one year.
How It Works
Our subscriptions provide IP-authenticated access, which means any user can access the title from anywhere onsite, within the IP ranges registered with us.
Users just need to go to the relevant URL for their magazine.
If you're within the IP ranges you gave us, you can access the magazine without any need for a username/password.
For example, the URL for Resurgence & the Ecologist would be http://www.exacteditions.com/login/resurgence, whereas for Le Monde diplomatique (French) it would be http://www.exacteditions.com/login/diplomatiquefrench.
The administrator of the account can also log in here to view the status of the subscription or to check usage statistics.
Please note that the stats run from first use through to the end of the previous month.
Accessing your Institutional Subscription
If you're having trouble accessing the subscription you've bought for your institution, you've come to the right place!
You can iron out your access issues simply by checking:
- The URL you direct your users to for site-wide access
- The IP ranges you have registered with us
You can check the URL you direct your users to by selecting your title from this menu:
To check or change the IP ranges you've registered with us:
- Log in to your Exact Editions account.
- Click on the 'preferences' tab at the top right of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you will see an option to 'Edit IP ranges for your institute's login.